Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Queen City

Currently in the air somewhere between Denver and Salt Lake City getting myself home from visiting my incredibly lovely sister Amelia. 
I got to spend a whole week with her, Matt, and little girl Lydia Jane! They are all doing splendid and are some pretty happy folks. 
We fit quite a bit into our schedule. The first night we were up until about 3 in the morning because we were so excited to see each other, and little Lydia happened to be awake which was adorable. I have never seen a baby whose whole being changes and lights up like hers when she smiles! So precious. 
We spent time being very domestic. It is a good change for me once in awhile. We were very crafty and made some toy felt ponies, made a huge Harry Potter feast, painted our nails, and went shopping. Talk about some quality girl time! 
We also went and rode a horse she has been riding at a local rescue. A gorgeous liver chestnut Gelding who was trained to 3rd level, and then was abandoned in a pasture for 2 years! He was SUCH a sweetie and we had lots if fun riding him. I can't believe I didn't take a single picture though. Trust me, he is gorgeous. 
We also went to East Fork Lake and spent some time drawing landscapes, taking photos, and found a beautiful forested hiking trail that we took Lydia on. Alas, we did not have a carrier for her and had to switch off carrying her on our shoulders. That went well until she found out pulling hair is super exciting... She loves being outdoors though! 
I love visiting my amazing sister and am in awe of her life, her art, her sweet baby, ad her great attitude. Hope I can visit again soon! 
P.S. she showed me a sweet app where I can put quotes on pictures. A liiiiiittle obsessed :) 














No comments:

Post a Comment